spell not found on action bars when using macros

Questions about addon itself.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
mspy

I use macros on my action bar such as the common startattack macros like this:

#showtooltip Saber Slash
/startattack
/cast Saber Slash

The problem is that when such macros are on the action bar I get a maxdps error: ''spell not found on action bars'' thus making the addon not working properly! Is there any way to fix this besides not using macros at all? Maybe make it so to detect this macros like an addon called ''ConRO'' or ''adibuttonauras'' does?
Kaminaris
Site Admin

I am not sure if you know but MaxDps from the very very begining supports macros.
Not to mention i am almost exclusively use macros on all of my alts (funny thing is the most of them are exactly like yours with startattack).

So that means you either:
  • Have some addon that interferes with it
  • There is a bug in your macros (like invisible char)
  • You are using wrong talent set.
That being said,
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2
Point 2

And if you are absolutely sure there is a bug, write a proper bug report, with screenshot and with other addons disabled:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6
mspy

OK so I found out that the problem is with Action Bar #2 which for some reason is not showing any spell highlights of things that I place there. I'm using Dominos btw and I do not know what causes this since the action bar #1 and #3 works perfectly and are configured the exact same way.

edit: in addition to action bar #2, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10 also do not work.
Kaminaris
Site Admin

Support for dominos has been written long time ago. It may be the case when addon author has made some wierd things in his code and broke functionality of macro spell detection. Dominos was originally written very similar to original blizzard UI.

I don't really want to go thru his code again. If you want to have a proper dominos support please contact addon author and ask why getting spell ID does not work on macro buttons.
mspy

Actually I notice that it does not work independently of having macros or not.
Kaminaris
Site Admin

Dominos is probably the only action bar addon that does not use LibActionButton. Thus there is no documentation whatosever, no examples how to extract buttons. So as I said, please write to Dominos autor to give you examples how to iterate over his buttons and extract spell ID.
Kaminaris
Site Admin

Dominos officially supported as of 7.3.5 (maxdps version not game version)
7 posts Page 1 of 1
drogie łóżka stolik kawowy stół dębowy rozkładany