Lua errors after updating today

Questions about addon itself.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
infy

Hello,

I updated the mod today to see if I could lend a hand with updating the blood DK module. After installing the most recent update, the mod has become un-usable from an editing perspective. The LUA errors I'm getting when I type /maxdps are at the bottom of this post. In addition, the editor is doing something really weird, which I'll post a screenshot of. I can't seem to add rotations or anything else reliable.

I disabled all other addons besides MaxDPS as a test, and still am getting the problems. The screenshot of the version I provided is from the twitch client, however I attempted to remove and install by hand to the same effect. When I try to add or remove a new rotation, it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, but isn't throwing LUA errors. Sometimes the dropdown box from "Class" gets replicated into "Specialization" instead of blood/frost/unholy (though othertimes it properly shows them. And regardless of what I actually do, it doesn't seem to save anything. If I log out and back in, we're back to square one with a blank screen.

Unfortunately I don't have a firm enough understanding of how wow implements LUA to be editing the files directly and creating something more usable directly. The custom script I posted for blood DKs a few months back was all done in that editor, as I got the basic concepts of the language. I'll give it a whirl again if this can either be fixed, or let me know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!

Code: Select all
Message: Interface\AddOns\MaxDps\Modules/custom.lua:174: attempt to index local 'rotation' (a nil value)
Time: Sat Aug 11 18:52:40 2018
Count: 1
Stack: Interface\AddOns\MaxDps\Modules/custom.lua:174: attempt to index local 'rotation' (a nil value)
Interface\AddOns\MaxDps\Modules/custom.lua:174: in function `update'
Interface\AddOns\MaxDps\Libs\StdUi\StdUiGrid.lua:45: in function `ObjectList'
Interface\AddOns\MaxDps\Modules/custom.lua:189: in function `UpdateCustomRotationButtons'
Interface\AddOns\MaxDps\Modules/custom.lua:159: in function `ShowCustomWindow'
Interface\AddOns\MaxDps\core.lua:21: in function `?'
...AddOns\MaxDps\Libs\AceConsole-3.0\AceConsole-3.0.lua:94: in function `?'
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4734: in function `ChatEdit_ParseText'
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4396: in function `ChatEdit_SendText'
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4432: in function `ChatEdit_OnEnterPressed'
[string "*:OnEnterPressed"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnEnterPressed"]:1>

Locals: parent = <unnamed> {
 0 = <userdata>
 items = <table> {
 }
}
btn = <unnamed> {
 0 = <userdata>
 GetChildrenWidgets = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\MaxDps\Libs\StdUi\StdUi.lua:45
 highlightTexture = <unnamed> {
 }
 Enable = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 text = <unnamed> {
 }
 isWidget = true
 Disable = <function> defined =[C]:-1
}
rotation = nil
(*temporary) = <function> defined =[C]:-1
(*temporary) = <unnamed> {
 0 = <userdata>
 GetChildrenWidgets = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\MaxDps\Libs\StdUi\StdUi.lua:45
 highlightTexture = <unnamed> {
 }
 Enable = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 text = <unnamed> {
 }
 isWidget = true
 Disable = <function> defined =[C]:-1
}
(*temporary) = "RIGHT"
(*temporary) = -2
(*temporary) = 0
(*temporary) = "attempt to index local 'rotation' (a nil value)"
StdUi = <table> {
 HookDisabledBackdrop = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\MaxDps\Libs\StdUi\StdUi.lua:178
 SimpleEditBox = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\MaxDps\Libs\StdUi\widgets\EditBox.lua:8
 GlueAcross = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\MaxDps\Libs\StdUi\StdUiPosition.lua:95
 GlueTop = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\MaxDps\Libs\StdUi\StdUiPosition.lua:40
 RadioGroup = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\MaxDps\Libs\StdUi\widgets\CheckBox.lua:132
 HighlightButtonTexture = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\MaxDps\Libs\StdUi\widgets\Button.lua:54
 ScrollBarEvents = <table> {
 }
 FrameTooltip = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\MaxDps\Libs\StdUi\widgets\Tooltip.lua:55
 ClearBackdrop = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\MaxDps\Libs\StdUi\StdUi.lua:145
 PanelWithTitle = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\MaxDps\Libs\StdUi\widgets\Basic.lua:32
 MarkAsValid = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\MaxDps\Libs\StdUi\StdUiUtil.lua:7
 Frame = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\MaxDps\Libs\StdUi\widgets\Basic.lua:7
 Util = <table> {
 }
 SetMargins = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\MaxDps\Libs\StdUi\StdUiLayout.lua:8
 dialogs = <table> {
 }
 AddLabel = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\MaxDps\Libs\StdUi\widgets\Label.lua:36
 Button = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\MaxDps\Libs\StdUi\widgets\Button.lua:85
 ColorPickerFrame = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\MaxDps\Libs\StdUi\widgets\ColorPicker.lua:177
 PanelWithLabel = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\MaxDps\Libs\StdUi\widgets\Basic.lua:22
 GetRadioGroupValue = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\MaxDps\Libs\StdUi\widgets\CheckBox.lua:140
 ColorInput = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\MaxDps\Libs\StdUi\widgets\ColorPicker.lua:207
 RegisterWidget = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\MaxDps\Libs\StdUi\StdUi.lua:34
 MultiLineBox = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\MaxDps\Libs\StdUi\widgets\EditBox.lua:177
 Confirm = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\MaxDps\Libs\StdUi\widgets\Window.lua:71
 config = <table> {
 }
 ContextMenuEvents = <table> {
 }
 ContextMenu = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\MaxDps\Libs\StdUi\widgets\ContextMenu.lua:189
 InitWidget = <func
Attachments
maxdpsversion.png
maxdpsversion.png (5.25 KiB) Viewed 192 times
maxdpsweird1.png
maxdpsweird1.png (88.9 KiB) Viewed 192 times
Kaminaris
Site Admin

This is really weird, have you tried to remove addon settings? I think I know where this might be an issue. But please check removing settings first.

Also try to put normal resolution images as i cant see much on them.
infy

Apologies for the weird images, the board told me that the original resolution images were too large when I tried to attach them. I used gimp to try and scale them down but I haven't done much image manipulation in the past.

I did try resetting the addon settings (both using the reset button as well as clearing out the directories). I went so far as to install wow on my laptop this morning and then only install maxdps. At first when I typed /maxdps, everything appeared normal, but as soon as I pasted the codeblock it broke the addon in the same way.

Thanks!
Kaminaris
Site Admin

So basically pasting breaks addon? Have you tried to copy/paste smaller chunks?
4 posts Page 1 of 1
drogie łóżka stolik kawowy stół dębowy rozkładany