Add on update for Bfa/pre-patch

Questions about addon itself.
97 posts Page 10 of 10
Chaldan

11 Aug 2018, 10:44Kaminaris wrote:
MaxDps doesn't implement precasting/openers simply because it will hinder normal rotation. Yet again, it is suppose to be used on harder encounters, not when facing shit mobs.

If you want to use MaxDps as rotation helper for questing simply make your adjustments in file or add custom rotation (they work in new release). But remember, I wrote MaxDps to be used on raid bosses.
Uhh, none of the changes I made affect 'harder' boss rotations. The 'first strike' only applies when not in combat. If the encounter lasts 20 minutes, this will be skipped over for all of that except getting in your first hit (unless you are put into combat with the rest of the raid, in which case it's skipped). So it works for both.

Having glow prefer the fire elemental over earth elemental is exactly ideal for boss fights, you want to prefer the dmg elemental over the tanking one, and less glows reduces clutter.

Having the totems work as a glow still means that it shows up when it's going to expire or you go out of range during a boss fight, it's suddenly going to glow again, extremely visible. So having it not block your rotation does not change it's function in boss fights. It still suddenly glows telling you to push it when you need to (it's the change we notice, not the color), so it suddenly having a circle on it when it didn't have one before is enough for us to notice it and push it.

As for astral shift, right now you don't have ANY glow on that. And yes, there are many times you want to use it in specific instances in certain fights. Making it glow at (say) 30% is more a warning. If you let yourself die because you weren't monitoring your health, and expected the healers to heal you through all the damage, then you do exactly 0 DPS after death. This was put in to warn you 'You are getting low on health, and there is something you CAN do about it.', because as Ice Veins mentions in their 'common mistakes' page, people often forget to use this spell, and die as a result when they did not have to. But it's not something I want glowing all the time, because it's ONLY something I want to use when I am expecting a load of damage, OR if my health is getting low and the healers are slow getting me heals, but I don't want to be out of the fight.

In any case, I did make these modifications locally, but I think it's clear we differ in opinion on this. I think if changes can be made to make this useful while NOT at a raid boss, while making it not detrimental to the experience while you ARE at a raid boss, then there is no downside. Certainly I agree no change should be made that would be detrimental in a boss fight but is useful while questing/doing trash/etc. But none of these changes I suggested affect boss fights at all.
Kaminaris
Site Admin

11 Aug 2018, 19:09Chaldan wrote:

Uhh, none of the changes I made affect 'harder' boss rotations. The 'first strike' only applies when not in combat.
First strike you are talking about is a part of opener. You should start combat with the spell that deals the MOST damage, not least. And that is covered in priority list. Putting something like that in rotation priority is simply wrong.

Quick example. Boss hides, combat goes away, adds appears and you need to nuke it. You will need to start with Lava Burst:
Code: Select all
Lava Burst -> some other spells -> lava burst -> target dies within 5 seconds
With your idea:
Lightning Bolt -> lava burst -> some other spells -> target dies within 6 seconds
You may have a situation when you won't be able to cast 2nd Lava Burst before target dies making it unnecessarily longer. So it doesn't work for both situations. And it is even more painful when fighting trash.
Having glow prefer the fire elemental over earth elemental is exactly ideal for boss fights
This depends on encounter itself, you should not force user to prefer one cooldown over the other. Quick example. Boss throws some adds and you want to first use your taunting elemental to help tanks.
Having the totems work as a glow still means that it shows up when it's going to expire or you go out of range during a boss fight, it's suddenly going to glow again, extremely visible.
Maybe on normal and heroics. I would overlook them easily when they wouldn't be on normal rotation. I only look for cooldowns when I need to nuke some priority target. While this isn't the case with totem mastery. You should have totems before proceeding with your normal rotation always. They don't have a cooldown. So they are not a cooldown.
As for astral shift, right now you don't have ANY glow on that.
And this is perfect as users wouldn't be clicking on them unless they really need to. Not when some addon says so. I've been into mythic raiding since MoP and healers would scream at me when I would be randomly wasting defensive cooldowns.
If you let yourself die because you weren't monitoring your health
Well, this addon isn't suppose to be your nanny. Defensive cooldowns are not suppose to be included in MaxDps as they have nothing to do with DPS. And it would be confusing for users to glow a "cooldown" that doesn't really increase your dps. It is not uncommon to get to 30% on some higher M+ or raid bosses. But that doesn't mean you should simply hit Astral Shift and case closed. Because when you will really need it, you won't have it.
But none of these changes I suggested affect boss fights at all.
Unfortunately they do. Astral shift glowing can be confusing, you should not proceed with rotation without totems and implementing simple opener may have a huge impact on fights. And i really cannot let it be like this in official module.

If you think your rotation is better then sure. You can modify it locally or even write it as custom rotation and share here for people who thinks similar. This is the main purpose of this forum. I have absolutely no problem with that.
Kaminaris
Site Admin

I just pushed all modules as releases because people seems to not know how to download beta version and it just tires me.
Wulfknightz

tested enhance shaman and seems to be doing well no errors and does what it is suppose to.
Wulfknightz

so its minor issue with enhance shaman. so when coming out of windstrike back to stormstrike the first stormstrike causes an error of no action found on bar. Only time it happens is when it comes out of windstrike and does not repeat error over and over.

https://imgur.com/a/tdoyn6u
Malis

I just want to mention thank you so much for this addon. I have a tendency to get overloaded with information and thus forget to use my cool downs and the like during my rotation. I have been playing Elemental Shaman (usually I'm regulated to heals) and I've actually been doing as well as my druid buddy!

I had a question about the shaman variant. Is there a way (maybe some code) that will disable MaxDPS when I am in resto spec? Currently I have been getting Lua errors, and well, as I am healing, I don't really need it to be active. (When I get a chance to hop on the computer tomorrow I will take screenshots of the errors and my addons list ect.) I did try disabling all other addons to see if there was a conflict of interest and it gave me the same issues so I assume it is just because resto spec is not supported (understandably).

I also was wondering if you needed any (non-coding) help for the Demon Hunter DPS spec. Currently it won't even initialize, even after turning off all other addons. While I am clueless to a decent Demon Hunter rotation (I only just started playing one) if there is anything I can do to help out getting that one to work I would be willing to do what I can. (Again, I will take screenshots of my demon hunter tomorrow after work though there isn't really much to see as no lua errors show up with him)

Thank you again for all the hard work!
Kaminaris
Site Admin

Ok im am locking this thread. Its irrelevant anymore.

Bugs (regarding resto):
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6

Also read the big orange warning about rest of your post.
97 posts Page 10 of 10
drogie łóżka stolik kawowy stół dębowy rozkładany