Bug with persistent auras (MaxDPS version 8.0.5)

Questions about addon itself.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Aesc

First of all, I apologize for not posting this in the Bug Reports forum, but I don't have access to create new topics there for some reason.

Anyway, after trying and failing to get a custom rotation working, I finally discovered that the issue was with how MaxDps:UnitAura handles persistent auras. If the expiration time of an aura is 0, it assumes that the aura is persistent, and returns a hard-coded value of 1 for the aura's stack count. However, that assumption isn't always accurate. In my specific case, I was counting stacks of the Frost Death Knight buff Cold Heart. It never expires (it's consumed by casts of Chains of Ice), and stacks up to 20 times. I wanted to be able to alter my rotation based on number of stacks, but I kept seeing a stack count of 1 regardless of the total stack count. Simply changing helper.lua to return aura.count instead of 1 on line 132 fixed the issue for me, but I want to make sure that that change gets merged back into the codebase so future updates don't break my local fix.
Kaminaris
Site Admin

Sounds reasonable.
Im not sure if you knew but you can make Pull Request here (fork, commit, make PR):
https://github.com/kaminaris/MaxDps
Aesc

Didn't know about the git repo. Thanks for the link. I've got a pull request out there now.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
drogie łóżka stolik kawowy stół dębowy rozkładany