Rotation feedback for a moonkin

7 posts Page 1 of 1
HQuest

Howdy. A few things I would like to point out on the default MaxDPS rotation for Druids, more specifically moonkin. The below is for a different talent tree than the one the default rotation was written for, but can easily be incorporated into.

1. Celestial Alignment (CA) currently only glows the spell, but is not accounted anywhere as part of the rotation. As it does take a global cooldown to use, perhaps it should be incorporated. It would be best to be used whenever Astral Power is at or over 40, to keep its effect over Moon and Sun fire as effective as possible - and perhaps to make better use of Solar and/or Lunar Empowerment buffs.
2. Things like Force of Nature does not even glow but should also be a no brainer to be used - assuming one is talented with FoN. Best whenever CA or Incarnation is up so they too benefit from the haste bonus.
3. The Starlord talent requires changes on the rotation. Best to hold spending Astral Power up to or around 90, then casting two Starsurge shots, following up by Moon fire if under the Lunar Strike buff, or Sun fire to reach out the 3rd Starlord buff, increasing your haste.
3a. At that point, should you have 3 Starlord buffs, no Starsurge is to be casted, unless you are about to reach max on your Astral Power - once again, on or around 90 points works best, so you don't waste your DPS, but keep AP high enough to get two more Starlords buff as soon as you can.

With the above said, I am writing some modifications to the rotation list, but I need some advice on how to calculate a time left on a certain cooldown - more specifically talking about FoN cast, I would hold it until CA is up or if CA cooldown is over one minute - meaning I can cast FoN right now and it will be ready for the next CA.
Kaminaris
Site Admin

1. 3 Minute cooldown CD, nope it will not be in rotation as you should use CDs when you need them, not when addon says so.
2. You forgot about taunting effect. This is the sole reason it is not included in rotation, imagine using it on M+ with Sanguine affix.
3. This looks sensible
3.a this one as well.

Cooldowns are there for a reason, Imagine Celestial Alignment coming off the cooldown, you have all conditions met but there is only one Mob which will die in few seconds. Situations like this are thousands where you have CD up but you don't want to use it.

It is literally impossible to incorporate CA or FoN in rotation, way to many variables to account for.

FON could be highlighted as cooldown tho.

You can check CD with
MaxDps:SpellAvailable(_Metamorphosis, timeShift)
HQuest

Instance and Raid bosses are immune to the treant taunts, so as "10 second tanks" they are only good for soloing content, trash mobs or outdoor non-boss mobs.

Perhaps the addon should then glow the CD whenever it makes sense to use it versus keep it on at all times. I understand the rationale of being out of rotation, but still would be worth to make better use of the logic engine versus a stale "I'm here" note. Still, I agree 100% one should not pop a cooldown on a trash mob about to die with the boss ready to be engaged in less than the cooldown time.

Thanks for the CD check routine. What about checking for how long a cooldown is remaining?
Gadgetsan

funny, i was in the process of adding Starlord to my rotation as i find it increases my DPS quite a bit.

integrating Celestial alignment or Warrior of Elune in the rotation would be a good idea for me personally so i think i will try integrating it too later on

you can try my rotation here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1403&sid=71d27cb15 ... bb33da884d

thanks for the idea!
HQuest

While this will look better if I can get the remaining cooldown for the buff, I got the following logic for Starlord talent and the rotation around Starsurge - added with a higher priority, before the moon and sun fire dots:
Code: Select all
local _Starlord = 202345;
local _StarlordAura = 279709;
        if not talents[_Starlord] then
                -- no changes to the spell rotation here w/out talent
                if lunar > 70 then
                        return _Starsurge;
                end
        else
                local starE, starLordCharges = MaxDps:Aura(_StarlordAura, timeShift);
                if lunar >= 90 and starLordCharges == 0 then
                        -- enough AP to cast two Starsurges in a row
                        starLordCharges = 1;
                        return _Starsurge;
                end
                if lunar >= 40 and starLordCharges == 1 then
                        -- cast second Starsurge, hopefully right after the previous
                        starLordCharges = 2;
                        return _Starsurge;
                end
                if lunar >= 40 and starLordCharges == 2 then
                        -- third and final Starsurge to get max haste from Star Lord talent
                        starLordCharges = 0;
                        return _Starsurge;
                end
                if lunar >= 90 and starLordCharges == 3 then
                        -- a new Starsurge won't refresh Star Lord timer, but we do not want to waste its DPS
                        return _Starsurge;
                end
        end
Kaminaris
Site Admin

Ill take a look into that when im done with DH
HQuest

Also, unless I missed something, seems you are not accounting for Owlkin Frenzy (#157228) buff, which gives an instant Lunar Strike. Should be added after the Starsurge cast so it doesn't clip AP, but before Lunar/Solar Fire dot refreshes.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
drogie łóżka stolik kawowy stół dębowy rozkładany