Warlock 8.0.3 feedback

11 posts Page 1 of 2
Kaminaris
Site Admin

I just pushed a fix to warlock to work with new version of MaxDps (8.0.10).
Will take a bit of time before curse approves it

Please post feedback here
shinsui

Not sure if its just me, but for destruction the conflagrate/backdraft casts seem backwards. Instead of trying to use backdraft on chaosbolt, it seems to want to save them for incinerates
Kaminaris
Site Admin

It may be the case, I havent seen the original rotation for a while but I have a plan to convert all of them from rotations from simcraft. They are way more reliable than from icy veins.
shinsui

I actually get my rotations from lockonestopshop, seems to be the best resource. but yeah I do think this is incorrect for destruction. Parses where I use the new rotation was alot lower than when I was using what was the rotation from the previous version. I'll look at the simcraft one and see. I could be very wrong

Actually looking at simulationcraft''s sample sequence for T22 destruction warlock, except during bloodlust/grimoire of supremacy, almost every chaosbolt is preceded by a conflag
Kaminaris
Site Admin

If you know a lil bit about development you mite wanna check this out:
https://github.com/kaminaris/RotationGenerator

It is a simcraft APL converter written in PHP.

Obviously generated rotation needs some hand fixes but it still speeds up work.
shinsui

Sure, I can take a look at it this weekend.
shinsui

I wasn't able to run the PHP as I'm not sure what is needed for that, but I did take a look at the LUA file at the rotation priority and I think I found the issue. On line 292 of the main.lua in the MaxDps_Warlock you have

if buff[WD.Backdraft].remains < 2 and SoulShards >= 2 and currentSpell ~= WD.ChaosBolt then
return WD.ChaosBolt;

the problem is this kicks off even if you don't have backdraft as a buff, meaning Chaos bolt is being cast at 2 shards no matter what. I modified the if statement to the following

if buff[WD.Backdraft].remains >= 2 and SoulShards >= 2 then

doing this does 2 things. It prioritizes Backdrafts to be on Chaos bolts and also, like during Infernal uptime, it will allow you to cast 2 Chaosbolts in a row if you have backdraft.
Kaminaris
Site Admin

You are right, it was issue with conversion to new format. I just pushed a fix to that, should be on curse soon.
nojanath

It's not the end of the world, and honestly not that huge, but I currently have my warlock glyphed to have a Wrathguard instead of a Felguard. During combat if my demon is summoned it doesn't happen but every time I get on a flight path my chat log is spammed with: Spell not found on action bars: Summon Felguard (30146). I imagine it is likely the same with a destro using a fel imp and an affliction using an observer, though I admit to not testing it. Doesn't affect performance at all, just a chat spam on flight paths (it triggers every few seconds on a flight path if you have the glyph on)
Kaminaris
Site Admin

check which spell id is Summon Wrathguard. This can be fixed easily however i will first try to convert rotation from simcraft
11 posts Page 1 of 2
drogie łóżka stolik kawowy stół dębowy rozkładany